Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements for my dog to attend Tailwaggers day care or board?
- New dogs will be required to participate in a no cost temperament evaluation.
- Dogs MUST be spayed or neutered.
- The following vaccinations MUST be current: rabies, distemper, parvo and bordetella (minimum of every 6 months on bordetella).
- Dogs deemed to be aggressive will not be allowed to attend Tailwaggers.
What is the play area like?
- The outside play area is natural surface (grass/ground) with permanent shade structures.
- The inside play areas are coated concrete flooring.
Is there plenty of fresh water?
- Absolutely! Each play area and individual crate/suite/condo has water available at all times.
How do you separate the dogs?
- By size and temperament. We have five spacious outside play yards and three indoor play areas! We monitor the dogs carefully to see if playgroups are appropriate for that particular day, time, and group of dogs.
Is there a safe place for my dog to go when he is tired or stressed?
- Certainly! Not every dog wants to play all day. We will give dogs a private space where they can get some peace and quiet.
Do you have references?
- YES! We receive many referrals from veterinarians, current clients, trainers, kennels, pet sitters and dog walkers. We are happy to provide phone numbers of current customers willing to give their opinion of our services.